You don’t have to be an adult to be part of the Lost Dog team! Kids and teenagers can help, too, and here’s how:
If you are at least 14, sign up to volunteer at one of our events or at one of our cat adoption centers. You will need to be accompanied by a responsible adult if you are under 17.
To volunteer at the 7 Corners pop-up kennel, you must be at least 18.
Kids have been the source of some fabulous donations for our animals. Here are a few great ways to donate:
- Organize a blanket and towel drive in your neighborhood or at your school, community center or religious organization.
- Designate Lost Dog & Cat Rescue Foundation as a charity of choice for your next birthday or other special occasion. Presents are nice, but giving to others feels fabulous!
- Hold a bake sale or yard sale and donate the proceeds to LDCRF.
- Make blankets for the dogs and cats without even sewing! Easy instruction can be found here. We can use blankets as small as 2′ by 2′ and as large as 4′ by 4′.
- Save your allowance or gifts of money to sponsor a dog or cat on the LDCRF website through our Paw Pal program.
SPREAD THE WORD
One of the single most important things you can do is tell everyone you know to ADOPT their next pet and to make sure it is spayed or neutered.